Saturday, February 26, 2022

Icebound Schooner Spotted On Street View


Today, on ane of my epic Lord's Day Street View exploration trips across the frozen wastes of the Svalbard archipelago inward the Arctic Ocean, I came across this Street View of the schooner Noorderlicht.

I couldn't assistance wondering what the schooner was doing sitting H2O ice trapped off the coast of Svalbard. Luckily Noorderlicht has its own website as well as I chop-chop discovered that the Noorderlicht hibernates icebound every wintertime inward Tempelfjorden, Svalbard, which is where it appears to bring been when the Street View sled wandered by.

Next I couldn't assistance wondering where the Noorderlicht is now. So I headed over to MarineTraffic to run into if I could abide by its electrical flow place from its onboard AIS. It looks similar the Noorderlicht currently isn't also far away from its dwelling menage port. MarineTraffic reports its final tracked position only off the coast of Longyearbyen, Svalbard.

No comments:

Post a Comment