Monday, March 30, 2020

The Novel York Fourth Dimension Machine


Every fourth dimension I brand a skillful map I presently honour out that soul has done it better. Recently I've spent a lot of fourth dimension creating vintage map browsers alongside the Leaflet mapping library. I used the San Francisco Vintage Maps.

Well it turns out that Vestiges of New York has created a improve collection of New York vintage maps, using vintage maps from both the NYPL as well as the David Rumsey collection of historical maps. Their NYC Time Machine is really like to my map, except it has far to a greater extent than vintage maps of New York maps for you lot to browse through.

The NYC Time Machine includes 27 vintage maps of New York, ranging inwards engagement from 1660 to 1924. The map includes a bully pick to apace switch betwixt your chosen vintage map as well as a modern map, allowing you lot to compare the vintage map to the modern streets of New York.

No comments:

Post a Comment