Saturday, May 22, 2021

Neon Lights On The Map


I've lately larn enamored alongside the 'neon' map style that is beingness used inwards a lot of mapped visualizations of large information sets. I decided this forenoon to encounter if I could practise a neon road on a map which truly flickers similar a existent neon light.

It turns out it is possible yesteryear using setTimeout to continuously loop through unlike colored polylines on the map. Here is my Neon Polyline map (obviously the withal screenshot to a higher identify doesn't present the flickering effect).

In reality the final result is quite annoying then I don't intend I would always role this to highlight a road on a map. However if yous educate the setTimeout value to 1 or 2 seconds yous larn a deadening flashing final result rather than the flickering line. I intend that the flashing business is quite effective in addition to could endure used to highlight a road on a map.

The neon flickering final result is less annoying when yous zoom out on the map. I thence intend it could endure used to practise a neon flickering marking on a map. Here is a Neon Marker example, which uses a flickering neon fashion marking to present London on a map of the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment